HURT by Abhinav Pandey



I lay myself down today
On the thorns of my misfortunes.
I carry the burden of deep pain
Everywhere this soul travels.
One moment of grave sadness
Takes away the feeling to feel the pain.
Of all states, I love the most,
Is of solitude and incurable bane.
Stars don't shine the same,
They have faded with time
Time faded their twinkle
Time faded their light,
Moments of ugly truth
Millions of miles away,
Come to you without knocking
Then break you down with pain.
The only thing watching you today
Is your shadow which is there when it’s all bright
Of all the saddest things I’ve seen
It’ll leave you on your darkest night.
This bee stung me once
They say the pain goes away
If I could explain them again
The sting and pain remain the same.
Some day a light will come
Piercing the dark clouds and those massive thunderbolts,
Someday the stars will not age
Someday the stars will shine again.
Look down to that narrow lane once again
In a dim lit corner through the street
You’ll find me singing this song
You’ll find me happy again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Indian education system -What’s at stake?

मैं यादों मैं तेरे साथ हूँ |

An ode to the ‘Selfless Gender’